Today we’re going to hear from a mom who recently spoke at her local school board meeting about the dangers of critical race theory. Lia McCabe has a unique perspective as a Latina parent of biracial special needs children who are being failed by the current educational system.
Listen to Hear:
- Why Lia decided to speak up to the school board about the issues she has with the current system.
- What life has been like raising bi-racial kids with the critical race narrative schools are trying to promote.
- Why bringing back civil discourse and debate is a passion of Lia’s and why it should matter to us.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.
Links Mentioned in Episode
- Lia’s Website: www.autismwish.org
- Connect with Lia on Facebook @autismwish
- Lia’s speech to the Calvert County School Board
Lia McCabe has a Bachelors’ in History and a Master’s specialized in Human Factors Psychology. As a mother to special needs children, she is also the Founder of the autism charity initiative, AutismWish, whose goal is to grant wishes to children on the spectrum.
When she’s not working diligently to help her community, Lia is an outspoken critical race theory opponent and activist with a passion for preserving civil discourse and diversity of thought.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
If you’re not already subscribed to the Red Hot Mindset Podcast, I encourage you to do that today to ensure you don’t miss an episode. Let’s step into the fire and come out stronger! Click here to subscribe on iTunes. You can also subscribe on Spotify | Stitcher | Castbox | Google Podcasts | Amazon.
If you resonated with this last episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Reviews help others find my podcast and add it to their own library. Be sure to tune in because I may even feature your review on an upcoming episode! I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.
How to write a review:
- Go to “Shows” in the Apple podcast app on your phone
- Search for and click on “Red Hot Mindset”
- Scroll to the bottom to “Ratings and Reviews”
- Give the podcast 5 stars & select “Write a Review”
- Share what your favorite things are about the podcast!
Step into the fire and come out stronger!
If you want to stay at the forefront with me, sign up for my newsletter where I bring mindset, goal-setting strategies, and encouragement directly to your inbox, and you will be in the know for future podcast episodes!