Are you feeling a bit overwhelmed by the goals you set for yourself this year? All the things you wanted to do? Is life taking its toll, and you’re ready to throw in the towel?
So how do we stick to our goals when the excitement wears off?
It’s actually quite similar to how you feel during a marathon. The starting line is like January. You’re starting fresh, and you’re excited. So much excitement surrounds the start line. The adrenaline is kicking in, and the endorphins are kicking in. It’s a new adventure, and we feel great the first quarter or so of the race, about 7-9 miles in.
There really haven’t been any major bumps in the road yet. You haven’t hit any walls yet, and it’s all about just going out there and doing it! We feel invincible and that there’s really nothing to it.
However, we do hit barriers along the way, many mental, that try to take us off track. The further we get in, the easier it is to quit, or at least have feelings of doing so.
The excitement will wear off and it’s good to be prepared for it or at the very least, know what to do when it happens to you.
Rooting for you ~ Gabe
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.
Links Mentioned in Episode
- Mind Over Marathon: Overcoming Mental Barriers in the Race of Life — https://redhotmindset.com/mind-over-marathon/
- 10 disciplines checklist: https://redhotmindset.newzenler.com/f/10-disciplines-checklist
- The Art of Sticking to Your Goals: https://redhotmindset.com/finish-strong/
Subscribe and Review on apple
If you’re not already subscribed to the Red Hot Mindset Podcast, I encourage you to do that today to ensure you don’t miss an episode. Let’s step into the fire and come out stronger! Click here to subscribe on iTunes. You can also subscribe on Spotify | Stitcher | Castbox | Google Podcasts | Amazon.
If you resonated with this last episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Reviews help others find my podcast and add it to their own library. Be sure to tune in because I may even feature your review on an upcoming episode! I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.
How to write a review:
- Go to “Shows” in the Apple podcast app on your phone
- Search for and click on “Goal-Driven Moms”
- Scroll to the bottom to “Ratings and Reviews”
- Give the podcast 5 stars & select “Write a Review”
- Share what your favorite things are about the podcast!
Step into the fire and come out stronger!
If you want to stay at the forefront with me, sign up for my newsletter where I bring mindset, goal-setting strategies, and encouragement directly to your inbox, and you will be in the know for future podcast episodes!