Natalie Hawkins exudes positivity in all she does, but it wasn’t always that way. Her victory story comes from 14-plus years of dealing with mental health issues and having to overcome so many crippling and debilitating lows in order to succeed at living a happy life.
I had the privilege to chat with her a while back on her podcast, and I just knew I wanted to get her on mine! I’m excited to have her with us today as she shares one of her struggle/victory stories and the lessons she learned through it. I am pretty confident you will enjoy this chat as much as I did!
Listen to the full episode to hear:
- How she went from smoker and unfit to runner without any past running experience
- Why running is one of the best medicines and how she pulled herself out of 14+ years of mental health issues
- Find out how her struggle/victory story at the London Marathon has helped define her strength and resilience
- Hear how she is working through an injury that is keeping her from doing what she loves – running
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.
Links Mentioned in Episode
- Connect with Nat on Instagram @notanotherrunner
- Connect with Nat on Facebook @notanotherrunner
- Not Another Runner Podcast (Spotify | iTunes | Anchor)
- Book: Mind Over Marathon
Natalie Hawkins is a 28-year-old from Pembrokeshire in West Wales. She is an avid runner, and is slowly getting back into the sport after experiencing an injury that sidelined her for a good six months. Her hobbies include walking, yoga, and exercise in general. She is fascinated by the process of self-development and practices gratitude regularly. She loves the challenge of finding the positive and good in a situation even during tough circumstance.
She is the host of the Not Another Runner Podcast, which was shortlisted in the 2020 UK Running Awards. The podcast is aimed to encourage and motivate others in getting up and getting going, despite the level of fitness and experience because you never regret going, but you always regret not going.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
If you’re not already subscribed to the Red Hot Mindset Podcast, I encourage you to do that today to ensure you don’t miss an episode. Let’s step into the fire and come out stronger! Click here to subscribe on iTunes. You can also subscribe on Spotify | Stitcher | Castbox | Google Podcasts | Amazon.
If you resonated with this last episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Reviews help others find my podcast and add it to their own library. Be sure to tune in because I may even feature your review on an upcoming episode! I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.
How to write a review:
- Go to “Shows” in the Apple podcast app on your phone
- Search for and click on “Red Hot Mindset”
- Scroll to the bottom to “Ratings and Reviews”
- Give the podcast 5 stars & select “Write a Review”
- Share what your favorite things are about the podcast!
Step into the fire and come out stronger!
If you want to stay at the forefront with me, sign up for my newsletter where I bring mindset, goal-setting strategies, and encouragement directly to your inbox, and you will be in the know for future podcast episodes!