One way to avoid creating idols is to hold things we love loosely – hold our kids loosely, hold our finances loosely, hold our passions or hobbies loosely. When we hold on too tightly is when these things can consume us and turn into idols that control us. Today we’re going to talk about this in relation to our kids. I’m sure we’ll discuss the other topics further in other episodes, but there’s enough to talk about just in this one area.
Listen to the full episode to go in-depth with these Thursday Tidbits:
- Tip 1: Don’t fall under the temptation to live vicariously through them.
- Tip 2: Don’t allow them to dictate your schedule and your time.
- Tip 3: Don’t hold them back from making mistakes or taking risks.
Thursday Tidbits are short and sweet episodes filled with tangible tips you can implement immediately! My goal with these topics is that you can use them to fuel your growth as you focus on being intentional in every area of your life.
Links Mentioned in Episode
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
If you’re not already subscribed to the Red Hot Mindset Podcast, I encourage you to do that today to ensure you don’t miss an episode. Let’s step into the fire and come out stronger! Click here to subscribe on iTunes. You can also subscribe on Spotify | Stitcher | Castbox | Google Podcasts | Amazon.
If you resonated with this last episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Reviews help others find my podcast and add it to their own library. Be sure to tune in because I may even feature your review on an upcoming episode! I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.
How to write a review:
- Go to “Shows” in the Apple podcast app on your phone
- Search for and click on “Red Hot Mindset”
- Scroll to the bottom to “Ratings and Reviews”
- Give the podcast 5 stars & select “Write a Review”
- Share what your favorite things are about the podcast!
Step into the fire and come out stronger!
If you want to stay at the forefront with me, sign up for my newsletter where I bring mindset, goal-setting strategies, and encouragement directly to your inbox, and you will be in the know for future podcast episodes!