We will stay in the grieving process until we’re ready to embrace and understand our emotions and take steps forward into the new beginnings. This doesn’t mean forgetting. When we’re grieving loss, we should keep those precious memories of our loved ones with us, but we also need to step out of the past and into the future that God has for us. Today, Kathleen is going to walk us through how to build our dream and not tear it down.
Listen to the full episode to go in-depth with these Thursday Tidbits:
- Tip 1: Your thoughts and words can either start building on your dream or they can cause barriers that stop you from fulfilling your dream. Pay attention and take inventory of what your thoughts and words are saying.
- Tip 2: You need to surround yourself with people who will encourage you and make introductions to help you achieve your dream vs those that roll their eyes and shake their heads when you share your dream with them.
- Tip 3: Unless your dream is something you are really passionate about, you will not take the necessary steps to move toward it. So, really plan carefully in self-discovery of what you really love and daydream about.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.
Links Mentioned in Episode
- Book The Lemonade Stand 2
- Journey Through Grief Course
- Kathleen’s Website: Hoperenewedtoday.com
- Connect with Kathleen on LinkedIn @hoperenewed
- Connect with Kathleen on Facebook @yourhoperenewed
Kathleen Blair’s diverse background has led her to use all her gifts and talents and direct them into helping others. Starting her career as an intern at Xerox Corporation, she succeeded in sales in spite of being the only woman on her sales team, because she wasn’t scared of the word “no.” You see, Kathleen’s strict father was from Italy and “no” was a word she was accustomed to. She would just rephrase what she wanted and present it again. It worked with her dad, and it worked on her customer’s as well. In fact, she was promoted three times in her five years with Xerox and then was recruited by Honeywell to sell computers to the automotive industry, something unheard of at the time. She laughs about the time she entered a conference room to give a presentation to the executives at Ford Motor Company and they gave her their coffee order.
From copiers, to computers, to recruiting, to home design, Kathleen excelled and then her world took a nose dive when she lost her husband, her company and more. With the many setbacks, Kathleen learned to use all her talents and strong faith to create a new life for herself. Through her journey through grief, more than once, others were inspired and would ask her for help. In 2012, Kathleen became certified as a Grief and Loss Coach, writing courses and holding workshops and retreats, she has been able to help others redirect their focus from hopeless to hopeful.
Kathleen resides in Scottsdale, Arizona with her two furry pups, Pumpkin Latte and Java Beane. She is active in community outreaches, speaking at corporate events, career fairs, private coaching and online group coaching.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
If you’re not already subscribed to the Red Hot Mindset Podcast, I encourage you to do that today to ensure you don’t miss an episode. Let’s step into the fire and come out stronger! Click here to subscribe on iTunes. You can also subscribe on Spotify | Stitcher | Castbox | Google Podcasts | Amazon.
If you resonated with this last episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Reviews help others find my podcast and add it to their own library. Be sure to tune in because I may even feature your review on an upcoming episode! I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.
How to write a review:
- Go to “Shows” in the Apple podcast app on your phone
- Search for and click on “Red Hot Mindset”
- Scroll to the bottom to “Ratings and Reviews”
- Give the podcast 5 stars & select “Write a Review”
- Share what your favorite things are about the podcast!
Step into the fire and come out stronger!
If you want to stay at the forefront with me, sign up for my newsletter where I bring mindset, goal-setting strategies, and encouragement directly to your inbox, and you will be in the know for future podcast episodes!