What do you do if the unexpected happens and you’re not set up financially to handle it? Wendy Labat’s story she shared Tuesday is the perfect example of how having proper protection in place prevented her from seeing financial ruin. One illness, one injury, can ruin your family financially. So today, I’m bringing Dr. Wendy back on the show to share more about why it’s important to plan financially for the unexpected, and she’s giving us a few golden nuggets on how to do that.
Thursday Tidbits are short and sweet episodes filled with tangible tips you can implement immediately! My goal with these topics is that you can use them to fuel your growth as you focus on being intentional in every area of your life.
Listen to the full episode to go in-depth with these Thursday Tidbits:
- Tip 1: Make sure you set the right example for your kids by having your own financial affairs in order.
- Tip 2: Start teaching your kids about being responsible with money at a young age by making them earn an allowance for doing household chores, getting good grades in school, etc. Teach them how to budget and save for the things they want. Make them spend their own money.
- Tip 3: Teach your kids how to help and give to others, whether it’s their time or money.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.
Links Mentioned in Episode
- Book: The Lemonade Stand 2
- Dr. Wendy’s Website: www.TheFinancialCures.com
- Email Dr. Wendy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect with Dr. Wendy on LinkedIn @DrWendyLabat
- Connect with Dr. Wendy on Instagram @dr.wendy.labat
- Join Dr. Wendy’s Facebook Group: The Financial Cures
- Text ” guide” to 770-796-4944 to receive complimentary “6 Obstacles to Winning the Money Game” guide.
- Text ” Gabe” to 678-361-3656 to enroll in Dr. Wendy’s 6-Week Masterclass: “Overcome the 6 Obstacles to Winning the Money Game” (Her next class is scheduled for July 8 – August 12)
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
If you’re not already subscribed to the Red Hot Mindset Podcast, I encourage you to do that today to ensure you don’t miss an episode. Let’s step into the fire and come out stronger! Click here to subscribe on iTunes. You can also subscribe on Spotify | Stitcher | Castbox | Google Podcasts | Amazon.
If you resonated with this last episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Reviews help others find my podcast and add it to their own library. Be sure to tune in because I may even feature your review on an upcoming episode! I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.
How to write a review:
- Go to “Shows” in the Apple podcast app on your phone
- Search for and click on “Red Hot Mindset”
- Scroll to the bottom to “Ratings and Reviews”
- Give the podcast 5 stars & select “Write a Review”
- Share what your favorite things are about the podcast!
Step into the fire and come out stronger!
If you want to stay at the forefront with me, sign up for my newsletter where I bring mindset, goal-setting strategies, and encouragement directly to your inbox, and you will be in the know for future podcast episodes!