Anxiety is not just a passing fear, it is a crippling, overwhelming feeling that affects your decisions, your health, and how you view life. This past year, more than ever, moms have been overwhelmed with anxiety because the pandemic hasn’t only caused fear over a virus. Many have also been put into bad financial situations, parents are struggling to teach their kids at home, all while the media is constantly in our face feeding us negative news. So how do we face anxiety and create peace in our own lives?
- Tune out the world and tune into God. Our peace is not dependent on our circumstances. Only God brings us peace.
- Remain joyful. We allow situations around us to dictate how we feel. There is a difference between happiness and joy. We are seeking the joy of the Lord. This joy comes from being in constant contact with our Creator.
- Focus on the now. Don’t worry about the what-ifs. They will spoil the fact that right now, at this moment, you are being taken care of.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.
Links Mentioned in Episode
- Heather’s Blog: lessonsfromhome.co
- Connect with Heather on Instagram @lessonsfromhome
- Connect with Heather on Facebook @lessonsfromhomeheather
Heather is a homeschooling mom of five who enjoys learning and exploring with her family as well as long walks outside, coffee, and all things chocolate.
At Lessons from Home, she writes to encourage others in their faith, parenting, and homeschooling journeys. She also writes about grief, loss, and the healing that comes from Christ.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
If you’re not already subscribed to the Red Hot Mindset Podcast, I encourage you to do that today to ensure you don’t miss an episode. Let’s step into the fire and come out stronger! Click here to subscribe on iTunes. You can also subscribe on Spotify | Stitcher | Castbox | Google Podcasts | Amazon.
If you resonated with this last episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Reviews help others find my podcast and add it to their own library. Be sure to tune in because I may even feature your review on an upcoming episode! I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.
How to write a review:
- Go to “Shows” in the Apple podcast app on your phone
- Search for and click on “Red Hot Mindset”
- Scroll to the bottom to “Ratings and Reviews”
- Give the podcast 5 stars & select “Write a Review”
- Share what your favorite things are about the podcast!
Step into the fire and come out stronger!
If you want to stay at the forefront with me, sign up for my newsletter where I bring mindset, goal-setting strategies, and encouragement directly to your inbox, and you will be in the know for future podcast episodes!