Rather than setting New Year’s Resolutions, many people now choose a “Word of the Year.”
This practice is about choosing one single word to focus on for 12 full months. You plan your goals through the lens of that word. You focus through the lens of that word. You make decisions through the lens of that word.
But… this year? Count me out!
I started choosing a word for the year about 4 years ago, and I really did enjoy this practice. But sometimes I felt stuck with that word for the year (more on this in the episode). This year I wanted to do something differently, so I’ve chosen to let God direct my steps and choose my word (for each day) – knowing I need flexibility in the unknown.
Rooting for you ~ Gabe
LISTEN TO HEAR
- What my words were in the past & the meaning behind them
- Why I’m not choosing a word for the year
- What I’m doing instead
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.
Links Mentioned in Episode
- Book: Mind Over Marathon: Overcoming Mental Barriers in the Race of Life
- Book: Victory Run: Turning Trials into Triumphs
- Checklist for the 10 ingredients to crush your goals
- Get 20% off coaching! use code COACH20 (good through Jan 22, 2023)
Subscribe and Review on Apple
If you’re not already subscribed to the Red Hot Mindset Podcast, I encourage you to do that today to ensure you don’t miss an episode. Let’s step into the fire and come out stronger! Click here to subscribe on iTunes. You can also subscribe on Spotify | Stitcher | Castbox | Google Podcasts | Amazon.
If you resonated with this last episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Reviews help others find my podcast and add it to their own library. Be sure to tune in because I may even feature your review on an upcoming episode! I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.
How to write a review:
- Go to “Shows” in the Apple podcast app on your phone
- Search for and click on “Goal-Driven Moms”
- Scroll to the bottom to “Ratings and Reviews”
- Give the podcast 5 stars & select “Write a Review”
- Share what your favorite things are about the podcast!
Step into the fire and come out stronger!
If you want to stay at the forefront with me, sign up for my newsletter where I bring mindset, goal-setting strategies, and encouragement directly to your inbox, and you will be in the know for future podcast episodes!